Star Wars - The Force Awakens *here be spoilers*

I enjoyed it tremendously. My husband did too, but he thought it was more like a mashing of original Star Wars and Empire Strikes Back. Still, Rey is an easy character to love.

I found out a very interesting The Force Awakens fact a few days ago. The reason Kylo Ren's lightsaber blade is so shaky and unstable is because it was made with a cracked Kyber crystal.

Also, I thought this video explaining why Kylo Ren's lightsaber has cross guards was interesting:

Last edited:
I found out a very interesting The Force Awakens fact a few days ago. The reason Kylo Ren's lightsaber blade is so shaky and unstable is because it was made with a cracked Kyber crystal.

Also, I thought this video explaining why Kylo Ren's lightsaber has cross guards was interesting:

So the crackling is caused by something more than by Kylo Ren being a little unstable whiny crybaby then?

Yeah, I heard about that too
smile.png

I went to see Star Wars: The Force Awakens and thought it was very entertaining. Here is my summary of the best, the good, the okay, and the bad from The Force Awakens.

The Best: Daisy Ridley was great in the role of Rey. She is a character that we could relate to in the movie, and she is obviously incredibly strong in the force having done some of the amazing things she was able to do with zero training in the force to this point.

The Good: There's lots of the good including Han Solo who gives energy and entertainment to the film as he has done to all the Star Wars films, BB-8 who is an incredibly cute and funny little droid, the special effects which were great, the meeting at the end of the film between Rey and Luke Skywalker, and the overall entertainment value of the film. Many of the film's elements are a direct take off of the elements of the first trilogy. Rey becoming an the new Luke Skywalker with a bit of Leia Organa thrown in, Kylo Ren the new Darth Vader, Luke set to become the new aging Obi Wan Kenobi who failed in training his first student who went over to the dark side and taking on the role of a new apprentice who is stronger in the force and will become the savior of the alliance, Poe becoming the new Wedge the galaxy's best pilot, Snoke becoming the new Emperor and a dark Sith, and the First Order's new ultimate planet destroying weapon becoming the new Death Star. Because so many elements are rehashed from the original trilogy, in my opinion it makes the movie fall just short of the greatness of The Empire Strikes Back, but since those are the same elements which made the original trilogy so good to start with, they are still a lot of fun in The Force Awakens.

The Okay: Finn, while funny at times, was not a major contribution to the film and could have been replaced by almost anyone. John Boyega did a good job with what he had to work with, but there is still a lot of untapped potential in the Finn character. Hopefully it will come through in the next film. There was nothing wrong with Princess Leia in the film, but she simply did not have enough of a role to be significant. Kylo Ren was okay in the role of the evil Sith but was slightly disappointing in his lack of Darth Vader's presence and power. He simply did not come across as the menacing presence that Vader did.

The Bad: Without spoiling the moment with details, we all thought the only thing bad in the movie was the terrible act committed by Kylo Ren toward the end of the movie which will definitely leave a void in the last two films. If you've seen the movie you will know to what act I am referring and if you haven't you will know it the moment you see it.

In Summary: The Force Awakens is a very good and entertaining film and definitely worth the price of a movie ticket. The film built up to its finale with Rey meeting Luke and which definitely has us looking forward to the next film. The burning question we are all speculating over now is--will Rey turn out to be Luke Skywalker's daughter?

Last edited:
I went to see Star Wars: The Force Awakens and thought it was very entertaining. Here is my summary of the best, the good, the okay, and the bad from The Force Awakens.

The Best: Daisy Ridley was great in the role of Rey. She is a character that we could relate to in the movie, and she is obviously incredibly strong in the force having done some of the amazing things she was able to do with zero training in the force to this point.

The Good: There's lots of the good including Han Solo who gives energy and entertainment to the film as he has done to all the Star Wars films, BB-8 who is an incredibly cute and funny little droid, the special effects which were great, the meeting at the end of the film between Rey and Luke Skywalker, and the overall entertainment value of the film. Many of the film's elements are a direct take off of the elements of the first trilogy. Rey becoming an the new Luke Skywalker with a bit of Leia Organa thrown in, Kylo Ren the new Darth Vader, Luke set to become the new aging Obi Wan Kenobi who failed in training his first student who went over to the dark side and taking on the role of a new apprentice who is stronger in the force and will become the savior of the alliance, Poe becoming the new Wedge the galaxy's best pilot, Snoke becoming the new Emperor and a dark Sith, and the First Order's new ultimate planet destroying weapon becoming the new Death Star. Because so many elements are rehashed from the original trilogy, in my opinion it makes the movie fall just short of the greatness of The Empire Strikes Back, but since those are the same elements which made the original trilogy so good to start with, they are still a lot of fun in The Force Awakens.

The Okay: Finn, while funny at times, was not a major contribution to the film and could have been replaced by almost anyone. John Boyega did a good job with what he had to work with, but there is still a lot of untapped potential in the Finn character. Hopefully it will come through in the next film. There was nothing wrong with Princess Leia in the film, but she simply did not have enough of a role to be significant. Kylo Ren was okay in the role of the evil Sith but was slightly disappointing in his lack of Darth Vader's presence and power. He simply did not come across as the menacing presence that Vader did.

The Bad: Without spoiling the moment with details, we all thought the only thing bad in the movie was the terrible act committed by Kylo Ren toward the end of the movie which will definitely leave a void in the last two films. If you've seen the movie you will know to what act I am referring and if you haven't you will know it the moment you see it.

In Summary: The Force Awakens is a very good and entertaining film and definitely worth the price of a movie ticket. The film built up to its finale with Rey meeting Luke and which definitely has us looking forward to the next film. The burning question we are all speculating over now is--will Rey turn out to be Luke Skywalker's daughter?
If you look up "Rey Skywalker" on Facebook, she comes up as the character from the movie. lol

Back
Top Bottom