Staring at blue eggs...

walkswithdog

Crowing
15 Years
Jul 17, 2008
DC Region
Sigh. The rest of the eggs won't be here til Tuesday or Wednesday and these pretty blue eggs from Amazondoc are all by themselves waiting. It's going to be my first hatch ever and I've got the bator sitting right here by the computer monitor. The eggs are in a cool spot waiting and waiting. I peek at them, I stare. I've never seen blue eggs before that's neat all by itself. Tuesday what is here will go in, when the other's get here they'll go in.

I keep reading all the hatching threads and hoping. Watch, it's the year of the Roo and everything that does hatch if any hatch will be male... Heck even one would make me happy. Whether araucana or BR or Mrs. Skye's.

If the turkeys hatch it would be one wild bunch.

I'm gonna go peek at blue eggs and chuckle. See you tomorrow. Chere
big_smile.png

ep.gif
I know what you mean about the blue egg....I had my first green one a few weeks ago and I couldn't believe it...I just loved to look at it...now I gotta get a blue one!...and then pink....then chocolate brown....then olive green...
yippiechickie.gif

~Rebecca

oh the mezmorizing blue egg..... maybe one day i'll have a good line of wheaten/blue wheaten bantam ameraucanas to lay me some BLUE eggs for me to stare at in the incubator..... until then i'm stuck with beige silkie eggs....

I know how you feel...I've been going crazy waiting and waiting and waiting for my gals to lay the first egg. Still nothing. I can't stand it.

As if that stress alone isn't enough...I'm expecting my first batch of eggs to incubate to arrive this week. If I am this crazy waiting for an egg, I can't imagine what it will be like waiting to see what hatches!!

Yep, waiting is the hardest part.

I have 4 blue eggs from me EE in the bator right now. We're on day 18, but 4 of the other brown eggs have pipped, so maybe they'll all go early.
big_smile.png

Wait until you try to candle them. If they're anything like mine, they'll keep you guessing until they hatch. I can't see into my EE eggs with even a spotlight.

Good luck-
Em

Thank you for all the good wishes! If just waiting to get them all together and in there is bad, the waiting once they're there will be amazing.

I did read the threads where the blue eggs won't candle. OMG. So they're going to be suspenseful the whole time.

I did get a few beltsville white eggs to go in. And Mrs. Skye and Dutch and his lady's have provided both Barred Rock and Blue Orp. eggs.

This is going to be so neat. I'm terrified. LOL.

ep.gif
barnie.gif
gig.gif
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom