Starlight green egger roo or pullet

HolleyRae

In the Brooder
Feb 8, 2023
Here is my 10 week old starlight green Egger from rural king that was supposed to be sexed as a Pullet. I’m having my doubts. I have read that this breed does get their comb and waddles much faster than others. She/he is the Karen or Kevin of my flock😂

Attachments

• 67C25E17-58D0-46D0-958F-73E0E22CC2F7.jpeg
    67C25E17-58D0-46D0-958F-73E0E22CC2F7.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 403
  • 09E81D25-F1D3-4D2B-AD0A-3A53E623A449.jpeg
    09E81D25-F1D3-4D2B-AD0A-3A53E623A449.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 285
Here is my 10 week old starlight green Egger from rural king that was supposed to be sexed as a Pullet. I’m having my doubts. I have read that this breed does get their comb and waddles much faster than others. She/he is the Karen or Kevin of my flock😂
I'm so sorry. I'm not 100%, but I think it's a cockerel. That red color on its wings over the bow looks like high melanized cockerel red to me, not the female coloration. Also the comb and wattles are large. My SGEs have a large single comb, but not quite that large. I'm not sure if it should be that pink yet for a female or not at that age.

One thing that makes me question whether it's male is I don't see typical tail, hackle, or saddle feathers yet for cockerels, and the comb and wattles aren't super red - they're definitely pink. Might wait a few more weeks to be sure, but 90% heading in cockerel direction.

Just about 20 weeks. My other 2 SLG were hens, ones lays light brown and one lays green. There was a small chance they can lay brown and of course I got one. So out of 3 “pullets” 1 was a rooster, 1 brown layer and 1 green… go figure

Just about 20 weeks. My other 2 SLG were hens, ones lays light brown and one lays green. There was a small chance they can lay brown and of course I got one. So out of 3 “pullets” 1 was a rooster, 1 brown layer and 1 green… go figure
Bah!!! That's what I'm wondering about too. Mine were supposed to be Marans. They are not. Okay, so fine, greens eggs are cool. I just don't know if my one red looking bird is supposed to be a SGE or really is a RIR, ...but of course she could always turn out to be a SGE who lays brown!!! 😫 I was thinking of having my cockerel tested to see if he is actually carrying the blue/green genetics or not. Are you planning to hatch out eggs from him?

Back
Top Bottom