Starlight green roosters gene question

Redheadhomestead

Songster
Jul 4, 2022
Nc 🇺🇸
Hey all I have some prairie bluebell eggers that I crossed with a welsummer creating essentially a starlight green egger (although I’m sure that tm to Hoovers hatchery) anyway I’m giving away the roosters but would like to have some minor idea of what to tell people when they ask about egg color genetics. Obviously the hens lay green eggs due to being crossed with a blue egg layer and a brown egg layer, but what can people expect out of these “starlight green” roosters other than just a barnyard mut mix. Would the Roos carry a brown egg gene or how does that work?

I don’t know the answer to this as mine aren’t “official” starlight green eggers. Starlight green egger to my knowledge is the trademarked prairie blue bell from Hoovers hatchery Bred with “ a brown egg layer” it would make most sense to me for them to use a bcm or a welsummer for shading, but idk that they provide their “recipe”

Quick question what color legs do the starlight green eggers have?
Aloha! I got 5 Starlight Green Eggers from Tractor Supply in Hilo a month ago (they originated from Hoovers, as that's their TM name), and theyre legs are all yellow. They are all light colored, predominanly white right now, with some red feathers coming out. One of my hens has one dark brown/black feather, and I have one roo, mostly white with some red flecks coming out.
Thats the rooster, Roo Boy, and The five bigger ones are the SEE's. They're in temporary quarantine.
20230525_153645_resized.jpg
20230525_153746_resized.jpg

Back
Top Bottom