Start up

Welcome to BYC Daniel! What do you need to know? there are so many experts in this community that will be willing to help out, I for one still learning after the fifth year and continually discovering new and old ways of raising chickens that suit my needs and my flock coming from zero knowledge about chicken raising since I came from the big city to a small quiet town.

There is a thread for new members make sure to pop in there, there’s a welcoming committee that will direct you to the right places, wether you want to start with raising chicks, where to buy them, buying ready to lay hens, the right coop and size, right location in your property, the right mixture of pet around, protection from predators, right feeders and waterer. Good luck, hope you’ll enjoy learning.

:welcome

Hi Daniel, it's nice to have you here!

The Learning Center is an excellent place to start learning about poultry (you can find it under the "Articles" tab). Here's a link to get you there:
learning-center.11

Make yourself at home here and always feel free to ask questions...there are a lot of helpful, friendly members here and everyone is willing to help each other out.

Best of luck to you!

G’Day from down under Daniel :frow Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

Including your general location on your profile will assist others. Location, climate, season etc can be important factors when members are responding to any questions you may have and vice versa.

You might want to also Find Your State Thread and pop in and say hello.

BYC has Topic of the Week discussions which I have found to be a great resource, informative and sometimes entertaining; so definitely worth checking out. This one may be of particular interest to you:
Topic of the Week - Getting Started, Keeping Chickens

If you would like to share Pictures and Stories of your flock when they arrive, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out ;)

Back
Top Bottom