Started 12 eggs on June 12th 2009

Holly O

Songster
13 Years
May 1, 2009
Bergen Norway
I received 12 eggs on June 12th 2009 In the am. Polish Frizzle's.

I've never hatched eggs before, Trying to keep the incubator between 95 - 100 degrees and the humidity at 50%.

I'm so nervous! I would like at least two to survive. Would hope all will, But I do not want to get my expectations to high and have them CRUSHED ...lol

Any advise will be welcome.

What should be the due date?
How important is temp. consistency?

Congrats on embarking on a wonderful adventure! You're going to be a hatching addict in no time!
wink.png

If you put the eggs in on the 12th, depending on what time of day you put them in at, they should hatch on July 3rd. Chicken eggs start to hatch exactly (well, most of the time!) 21 days from the day you put them in the bator.

Temp. consistency is very important. You want to keep it as steady as possible along with the humidity being right too. The more consistent it is, the better your hatch will be.

Good luck with your hatch!
smile.png

Hi 1st take a deep breath & remember to breath while you're waiting because it's 3 wks incubation.
smile.png
21 days incubation & on day 18 you stop turning them. This web site has a page on basic hatching instructions & well it's their business.
wink.png
When I started I printed it out so I'd have it handy & know how to do the set up, incubation period etc. Your temp of 95 is too low it should be between 99.5-100.F

http://www.gofflepoultry.com/Incubate.html

Then of course BYC is great for all the questions that the basic instructions don't cover like "how long do I let eggs rest?" and "how do I candle an egg?"

fl.gif
good luck!

They where put in the incubator in the morning around 10am.

BTW it's a homemade one out of a Styrofoam cooler. I have a temp and humidity thermometer.

My daughter leaves on July 7th for basic training. She was hoping to see them hatch. (thank you for the info gumpsgirl) Looks as though she will get to. I'm also on strict orders by her to send pic's weekly!!! She doesn't care if she has to do push ups to receive her mail ...lol(which she was told could happen. In basic training for the army!...lol)

I have read lots about it. But I happen to do better with SEEING how to... lol (Thank You Mom2Cool)

Just like everyone else .... You start second guessing and Worrying!

If you put them in on the 12th at 10 a.m. then the 12th will count as day one, so they should hatch the 2nd, not the 3rd!
jumpy.gif
That will give your daughter one more day to enjoy them before she has to go! Just make sure the temps. don't drop to low. That will delay your hatch date.

It's day 6

OMG ... I just candled and all 12 eggs have veining and the dark spot of the baby chick!!!!!

I'm doing it! .. I can't believe it now.
Oh crap ... more nervous than before!!!!!
16 more days to be responsible totally, to keep these eggs alive EAKKES!

I'm excited and Scared now ......

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom