Started building the coop today!

Beckyinma

Songster
12 Years
Apr 1, 2010
Massachusetts
Here are pictures of our coop progress. Didn't think we'd get this far today, but it's coming along well. Sheathing will be next along with getting the windows and vents cut and framed in. Thanks for looking.

Floor, it is 4x6 with joists 18" on center

52922_sam_2296_1.jpg

front wall has a 2x3' clean out door, and pop will be on the right.
52922_sam_2297_1.jpg

back wall will have egg door, 12x24 open-able window and vents along the top
52922_sam_2298_1.jpg

getting ready for the sides which will each have a 12x12" open-able window and vents along the top
52922_sam_2299_1.jpg

sides all on
52922_sam_2301_1.jpg

rafters ready to fasten
52922_sam_2310_1.jpg

I'm terribly sunburnt, that's it for today!
52922_sam_2311_1.jpg

Thanks all! Just drew these up quickly, as I'm going to make a coop page on here at some point.

They are not exact, just from my sunburned memory! LOL, and they are NOT to scale.
smile.png

Anything in green is done in a previous or not-yet-completed step.

52922_chicken_coop_1.jpg

52922_chicken_coop_2.jpg

Looking Good! My only regret when we built our coop was not making the "people door" bigger. Mine is a bit bigger than yours and I still get annoyed with it everyday. But, you may be younger (and thinner) than me!
lol.png

Quote:
HA! Tipsy, that made me giggle. My plan is to have my little kids get in there if necessary (6 and 7.5). I'm the kind of mom that makes them help, especially if they WANT any of the eggs that come out of these girls. Both the kids LOVE eggs on the weekends, so they're gonna have to do a little work for them.. LOL. They're little enough to get in there for sure.

Quote:
HA! Tipsy, that made me giggle. My plan is to have my little kids get in there if necessary (6 and 7.5). I'm the kind of mom that makes them help, especially if they WANT any of the eggs that come out of these girls. Both the kids LOVE eggs on the weekends, so they're gonna have to do a little work for them.. LOL. They're little enough to get in there for sure.

Sounds like a plan! But don't feed them too many eggs or they won't fit in there for long!
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom