Started to pip but dry membrane

I don't see any water in your water channels. You do need more humidity. Fill a squirt bottle with 100F water, and dampen a paper towel in the water.

Working as quickly as you can, drape the damp paper towel across the eggs. Then fill the water channels and close the lid.

It doesn't look good for that chick right now.

I don't see any water in your water channels. You do need more humidity. Fill a squirt bottle with 100F water, and dampen a paper towel in the water.

Working as quickly as you can, drape the damp paper towel across the eggs. Then fill the water channels and close the lid.

It doesn't look good for that chick right now.

I agree, the membrane now looks yellow which is not the ideal situation, sorry we had a storm move thru and I lost my internet connection.. Hopefully things worked out and the OP took your suggestion.

Last edited:
The chick did not make it. I went to drape paper towel but when I picked egg up no movement from chick at all. It had already died. Not sure what happened. Had moist sponges and all chambers but one full because incubator leaks from that channel. Thanks for all the help!

Back
Top Bottom