Starter Coop, and 1st Building Project! Updated 5-18. It's Chick Week!

flatcreekfarm

Chirping
13 Years
Mar 16, 2009
Missouri
I've lurked long enough! And now it's truly time to be a keeper of chickens again. The hubby is extremely busy this Spring, and I decided it was up to me to build a coop. I am a complete novice, other than being assistant on remodeling projects with the hubby. So this is my very first solo project... so far, so good! Please note this will be used more or less as a brooder in the beginning, then the plans are to use it as a portable coop (adding wheels) or alternate coop for a couple of hens.

Thanks to all BYC contributors who generously share their knowledge. It is greatly appreciated!

Pics & more details as I progress are on "My Page" - I hope I'm doing this properly
smile.png

Flat Creek Farm's First Coop

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. For the record, I am not all that organized naturally. The author of the plans actually suggested to cut, label & organize everything first. What a novel idea...
big_smile.png
Worked great!

I've updated a little bit with this week's progress so far -- Flat Creek Farm's First Coop. I can only usually handle a couple of afternoons per week on this project. Darn! If just didn't have to go to work and attend to all those other mundane things in life
wink.png

Thanks a bunch!

Last edited:
Can't wait to see it finished! I need an itty-bitty coop for a couple of chickens. I have to keep them on the low-down.
cool.png
<--- in disguise.
lol.png

Mundane things can wait. Laundry, dishes- they'll all be there tomorrow. Get out there and build! When we built our coop last year the housework definitely suffered. Miter saw and nail gun- 2 of the best innovations ever. It looks like you're doing a great job. Keep updating so we can see your progress. Mary

Back
Top Bottom