starting a chicken flock

Hello everyone!
I had to use one of my old threads I can't seem to find the button to start anew thread.

We wound up getting 3 buff orpingtons. They are approximately 9 weeks old. one of them is a roo.
Unfortunately my neighbors are in very close proximity. Although the ordinance allows 1 rooster I am not sure we should keep him. The feed store said they would take him.
Or oyr other option would be to keep him. I need some advice on these NO CROW COLLARS....is it a GIMMICK or inhumane?? I need advice.

Hello everyone!
I had to use one of my old threads I can't seem to find the button to start anew thread.

We wound up getting 3 buff orpingtons. They are approximately 9 weeks old. one of them is a roo.
Unfortunately my neighbors are in very close proximity. Although the ordinance allows 1 rooster I am not sure we should keep him. The feed store said they would take him.
Or oyr other option would be to keep him. I need some advice on these NO CROW COLLARS....is it a GIMMICK or inhumane?? I need advice.

my advice would be to talk to your neighbor and see how they feel about hearing a rooster crowing... as far as the no crow collars I've heard mixed reviews on them working and honestly it can't be that great for a rooster to get choked every time it tries to crow

Back
Top Bottom