Starting a Muscovy Duck Club

Should the color schemes be what the feather colors are like? A light brown or chocolate color, a pale lavender, a blue or maybe a black trim around the page?
Don't look at me, I have a hard enough time with my own website!

I know I have looked for Muscovy clubs, as well. I find some info on the Feathersite page but that is about it other than Britain.

A message board would be great as well as chat but I notice that often chats are not used too much. Sometimes they are but probably a message board a lot like this would be nice so newcomers to the site could ask questions and someone could get back to them.

A newsletter would be awesome and generate a lot more interest. We can all add tidbits of info that has worked for us and hopefully we can meet up with some long time Muscovy breeders to help us all out.
Promoting the club is what will truly help the Muscovy. There are more of us scovie lovers out there than people realize.

Why don't I get a site set up, and that way we all have a place to join.. Anyone have a favorite color scheam? I have 2 sites dealing with ducks now, we can even use those web scheems.. as I own them..

www.oneskyranch.99k.org or www.muscovyduck.99k.org these are both free sites and the same free program I can use to set up a site for us. We need a name however to set the site up.. so.. NAME? PLEASE?

North American Muscovy Duck club?

Love the name and have no preference on the color. However, I must say your other sites look great
thumbsup.gif

In marketing to save you all allot of reading and details, there are some colors that would do best for what we want. Our population are people who own their own something.. or they would not own ducks. Home, married, think stable. Think 30-60 demographics. They are rural, or want to be, this effects culture.
Long story short.. here are some color options that best attract or that people like us LIKE... Please remember this is the base colors, and more will be added as complementary or split complementary colors. If it helps to picture, the One sky ranch site is blue/tan (gold) with purple/green as compliments, the Muscovy color site is green/brown with a split complementary scheam.

blue/tan
green/tan
brown/tan

Purple/green (subtal not bright)

Blue/orange

Personally I like to stick to earth tones and add a touch of color here and there.

Anyone know about muscovies in Canada and the laws? Tried to google it, but couldn't find anything solid. Not sure if it black market like the states
wink.png

Lots of muscovies in show around here. Lots being sold. I have only one so far. She is a lilac pied (I think!) duckling (2 months).

I am all about bright colors so my ideas may not work.

I like the blue/orange idea but really like your Muscovy page so those colors are fine, too.

If I steel from myself, that web set is already made so it will go up sooner.. however if I have a few good photos, it doesn't take that long to make a set.
If you all have a pretty farm seen that would make a nice background and want to mail it to me, that would work too.

Back
Top Bottom