Starting Chickens again

CanadyCoop

Hatching
Feb 6, 2017
Greenville, SC
Hi everyone. Looks like a great site! We are starting a new flock of 7 laying hens and soon building a new coop. Used to raise them in the country in NC years back and been dreaming of having some in the city here in SC, Well that day is finally here! So we will be gleaning lots of great info on here and asking a lot of questions in the future I'm sure.

Hi and welcome to BYC - thanks for joining us and I wish you all the best in your chicken-keeping renaissance.

Best wishes
CT

G’Day from down under CanadyCoop
frow.gif
Welcome!

Congratulations on becoming a chicken parent again.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends
wink.png

Hello from Kansas and
welcome-byc.gif
! Pleased you joined our community glad you are back in the wonderful world of chickens!! BYC is a friendly place so ask away and peruse the various forums for additional knowledge. Best wishes to you and your flock!!
wee.gif

Hello there, and welcome to Backyard Chickens! I am quite glad you decided to join the flock, and please make yourself at home here! Enjoy BYC! :frow

~Cuz

Thank you! Yes, hopefully all girls, lol. We have an assorted flock this time with now 8 chicks, our backyard limit. We have one of each breed of,..AMERICANA, BARRED ROCK, BLACK AUSTRALORP, RHODE ISLAND RED, GOLDEN COMET, WHITE LEGHORN, SILVER LACE WYANDOT, and a BUFF ORPINGTON I was told, but one could possibly be a BLACK SEX LINK, I'm not so sharp on identifying these chicks. I was told by our Feed and Seed they gave me one of each breed they had but I went back for number eight and noticed they actually have 9 breeds. We shall see lol. What do you have?

Back
Top Bottom