Starting Chickens again

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by CanadyCoop, Feb 6, 2017.

1. CanadyCoop

CanadyCoop New Egg

Feb 6, 2017
    Greenville, SC
    Hi everyone. Looks like a great site! We are starting a new flock of 7 laying hens and soon building a new coop. Used to raise them in the country in NC years back and been dreaming of having some in the city here in SC, Well that day is finally here! So we will be gleaning lots of great info on here and asking a lot of questions in the future I'm sure.

2. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - thanks for joining us and I wish you all the best in your chicken-keeping renaissance.

Best wishes
    CT

3. orrpeople

orrpeople Overrun With Chickens

Jun 15, 2016
    Redding, CA
    So great!! Welcome to BYC!!
    May you have such a fun time with your new girls! Any ideas about what breeds you will be having?

4. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC and welcome back to the chicken keeping adventure!

5. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under CanadyCoop [​IMG] Welcome!

Congratulations on becoming a chicken parent again.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

6. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Hello from Kansas and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our community glad you are back in the wonderful world of chickens!! BYC is a friendly place so ask away and peruse the various forums for additional knowledge. Best wishes to you and your flock!! [​IMG]

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

8. BlueBaby

BlueBaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Hello, and welcome to BYC!

9. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hello there, and welcome to Backyard Chickens! I am quite glad you decided to join the flock, and please make yourself at home here! Enjoy BYC! :frow

~Cuz

10. CanadyCoop

CanadyCoop New Egg

Feb 6, 2017
    Greenville, SC
    Thank you! Yes, hopefully all girls, lol. We have an assorted flock this time with now 8 chicks, our backyard limit. We have one of each breed of,..AMERICANA, BARRED ROCK, BLACK AUSTRALORP, RHODE ISLAND RED, GOLDEN COMET, WHITE LEGHORN, SILVER LACE WYANDOT, and a BUFF ORPINGTON I was told, but one could possibly be a BLACK SEX LINK, I'm not so sharp on identifying these chicks. I was told by our Feed and Seed they gave me one of each breed they had but I went back for number eight and noticed they actually have 9 breeds. We shall see lol. What do you have?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by