Starting Costs For Bee Keeping?

I don't have a clue on how to build things like that myself. Not sure where I would even start. From what I understand with bees is that the frames inside the boxes need to be specific dimensions and sizes - you don't want gaps that are too huge or too small because the bees accommodate for that by adding too much propolis or beeswax in spots that would make it difficult to get frames out easily. At least that is what I have read.

I don't think I'm comfortable enough around bees not to wear a suit =P I have no idea if I'm allergic or not, I don't think I've ever been stung by a bee.
Gotcha I was telling my husband the other day that I wanted to make bee boxes he said the he** you are not keeping bee's (he's allergic) i was like no i don't want to keep bee's i just want to make the boxes he was like oh go ahead

Gotcha I was telling my husband the other day that I wanted to make bee boxes he said the he** you are not keeping bee's (he's allergic) i was like no i don't want to keep bee's i just want to make the boxes he was like oh go ahead

Haha =P My husband is allergic, too Dx that is why I am hoping we get a bigger plot of land so I can keep the bee's as far away as possible from him and it be more of my thing. We'll see what happens, though. If I never own bee's for his sake, I can live with that.

I'm sure it's fun to make bee boxes when you know how.

Haha =P My husband is allergic, too Dx that is why I am hoping we get a bigger plot of land so I can keep the bee's as far away as possible from him and it be more of my thing. We'll see what happens, though. If I never own bee's for his sake, I can live with that.

I'm sure it's fun to make bee boxes when you know how.
I have a friend that keeps bee's and I'm going to make her new bee boxes as a gift and winterize them the ones she has now are crap when we get more property that's what I want to do keep them far away from the house but if I never have them then i never have them what ever

Back
Top Bottom