Starting over after Merik's

mizzshaggy

Hatching
Oct 21, 2018
I just have been informed by my vet..I have confirmed Merik's in my small little flock of laying hens, these girls are pets and like family, so we are so very disheartened...I have decided to cull..as my son is joining 4-H in the spring and was hoping to do Turkey..we also would love to start over with chickens..but I also know Merik's can hide in soil and can travel through the air...we are planning doing a bunch of landscaping in the spring and adding at least a foot of new soil.and completely disinfecting and then white washing the walls of coop...but is there anything else we can do to move past this diagnosis quicker..thanks so much in advance...

I just have been informed by my vet..I have confirmed Merik's in my small little flock of laying hens, these girls are pets and like family, so we are so very disheartened...I have decided to cull..as my son is joining 4-H in the spring and was hoping to do Turkey..we also would love to start over with chickens..but I also know Merik's can hide in soil and can travel through the air...we are planning doing a bunch of landscaping in the spring and adding at least a foot of new soil.and completely disinfecting and then white washing the walls of coop...but is there anything else we can do to move past this diagnosis quicker..thanks so much in advance...
I can't offer any advice I just wanted to say sorry you are dealing with this :hugsand Best luck going forward .

Back
Top Bottom