Starting Over Again!!!

Newlychickening

Chirping
Aug 10, 2019
Jacksonville, Tx
So after something got into my last batch of hens because I left the gate shut but unlatched leaving me with only 2 hens I am forced to start over again!!! The gate is a pretty tight fit though to be honest I never had that problem in about 2.5 years of raising chickens also only one snake has ever been in my pen!!! 30 more baby chicks on the shipping out July 6th day old with their marek vacation!!! They will be as follows 10 Rhode Island Reds, 10 Welsummers & 10 Light Brahmas!!! This is a lesson well taken as it will cost me around $500 total counting egg sales!!! I repeat this lapse in judgment!!!

Last edited:
So after something got into my last batch of hens because I left the gate shut but unlatched leaving me with only 2 hens I am forced to start over again!!! The gate is a pretty tight fit though to be honest I never had that problem in about 2.5 years of raising chickens also only one snake has ever been in my pen!!! 30 more baby chicks on the shipping out July 6th day old with their marek vacation!!! They will be as follows 10 Rhode Island Reds, 10 Welsummers & 10 Light Brahmas!!! This is a lesson well taken as it will cost me around $500 total counting egg sales!!! I repeat this lapse in judgment!!!
Best of luck! 🍀

Sorry about what happened. :(
Good luck with your new chicks! If you don’t mind me asking, where are they from? Just curious. :)
Hey thanks!!! Me too but it’s just another learning experience!!! I get my hens from Meyerhatchery.com they are located in Polk, Ohio!!! I have only ordered from them one other time but all of the chicks were extremely healthy & I only lost 2 chicks out of the 15 I ordered last time 8 Dark Brahmas & 7 Welsummers!!! I definitely recommend ordering through Meyerhatchery.com. I will continue to use them for all of chick purchases!!! I’m from Jacksonville, Texas myself!!!

Last edited:
Hey thanks!!! Me too but it’s just another learning experience!!! I get my hens from Meyerhatchery.com they are located in Polk, Ohio!!! I have only ordered from them one other time but all of the chicks were extremely healthy & I only lost 2 chicks out of the 15 I ordered last time 8 Dark Brahmas & 7 Welsummers!!! I definitely recommend ordering through Meyerhatchery.com I will continue to use them for all of chick purchases!!! I’m from Jacksonville, Texas myself!!!
I’ve heard good things about Meyer. Never personally used them, but they sound like a good hatchery. Again, good luck!

Back
Top Bottom