Starting that duck house

Pics
**pulls out first aid tool box bigger than herself and digs...**

Lets see....
Telfa pads, economy sized box, ...enough wraps to make a costume for Halloween, ...goey healing stuff,...pretty silver spray,...Oh, and pretty purple spray too! Enough cotton to make a teddy bear, .... a listen to the ticker thump thump thingy,... broomsticks for make shift splints..
Am I forgetting anything?

Hmm..maybe I should handle the cutty things with teeth? Though, I'm pretty talented when it comes to stabbing myself with sharp objects.

I would say needle and thread but....the stabbing thing lol.

It was a freak accident really. My thumb got sucked into a 1" hole on a piece of equipment . That spinny thing had a quick and brutal way of saying NO. Like sticking it in a blender on high speed. I have yet to cut myself with a saw of any type.

Ok so not much able to happen until Saturday but.....

IMG_20200528_100910.jpg
Pool drain run to outside the run. Yup straight out to the fence. I may put a 90 on it and run it into another pipe to use the water on the bed behind the run. It all depends on how much debris they put in the pool.

IMG_20200528_100906.jpg
Not a good picture by any stretch but at least they are relaxed.

I have so much landscaping to fix. :th

Holy moly this is taking me FOREVER to get done.

Yesterday I got the duck deck built. Today one coat of light gray porch and floor paint. Once it is dry I will do a second coat.
:woot For the mistint section at Home Depot. The porch and floor paint was there!

View attachment 2194267View attachment 2194269

Deliberately sloped so excess happy splashing runs OUT of the run.

The cut out is my access door to the plumbing. I will cover the hinge with boat carpet to protect duck feet.
That gap under is getting 1/4" hardware cloth. I want airflow under there to help keep things dry(ish) at least.
Then reinstall the ramp.

Oh and a python aquarium siphon really helps get the muck out of the pool bottom.

@Miss Lydia I finally got to work on it some. :D
Can I ask how your ducks get out of the pond? Do you have blocks on the ledge of the preformed pond?

Can I ask how your ducks get out of the pond? Do you have blocks on the ledge of the preformed pond?

I do have stacked blocks on the end by the ramp. Sometimes they just pop up over the edge but most of the time they use the blocks.
It is actually a stock tank so even worse than a preformed as there are no ledges at all.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom