1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Starting to doubt that BYC was a good idea for me!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by ChickenPrnces, Jan 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChickenPrnces

ChickenPrnces Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2012
    Deerfield, NH
    I like to read through all the new threads! Namely the ones looking for help! I have had such a bad experience today with one that I almost don't wanna be on here anymore! How some people can be so blatantly rude and just plain cruel to someone asking for help is beyond me! Especially when the person looking for help is a child! Children make mistakes! Any of us with children can testify to that! Is it really necessary to rub that mistake in their face when they wise up and are just trying to do the right thing? I personally don't think so! Some people really need to think for a minute and say "what if that was my child?" Then give their reply! I am sure these people would be blocking and complaining to the mods if someone talked to their kid that way! So how can they talk to someone elses in such a manner! It's just not right!!!!!!

2. Creed Bennett

Creed Bennett Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2011
    Western Kentucky
    Stick around, the good folks far outnumber the not so good ones.

3. Hummelhill

Hummelhill Out Of The Brooder

Jul 20, 2010
    Montville, Oh
    I'm sorry that you had a bad experience. Hopefully if someone was being that rude it was reported to the moderators?? I know that type of behavior is not welcomed nor tolerated on this site.

4. Sphinx

Sphinx Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    Utah
    [​IMG]

I missed that thread. I think that's too bad. A kid who is trying to raise chickens, and has questions and doubts and asks for help here should definitely be given some support and patience.

What happened?

5. desertdarlene

desertdarlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    It's in the duck forum and it's about a kid who says his/her parents want him/her to dump his now grown ducks into the wild. He only posted one post on this site so far.

1 person likes this.
  6. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Please "red flag" (report) the thread and posts so that the Staff can check it out. Thank you for your help! [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by