Starting to get the urge again......

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by NellaBean, Dec 29, 2009.

1. NellaBean

NellaBean Graceland Farms

Mar 4, 2009
    Broodyland, TN
    My Coop
    I gave away all my extra cockerels......sold off my Andalusian flock.......integrated the teenagers with the big flock.....Everyone free ranges during the day and goes back to the coop automatically at night.....My brooder shed is cleaned and empty (although full of fresh shavings as I kept the Andalusians in there for 2 days before being sold)...my baby pen is empty.....my big growout pen is empty.....

......and I never did get any easter eggers this year........if I buy now, they will be ready to lay come spring/summer time.........and any extras ready to sell as POL around Spring.....

.....um.......

[​IMG]

2. The Chicken People

The Chicken People Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Smithville, Mo
    Your not alone I am anxious to start as well!

3. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    I plan on starting up in January as well and thats only a few days away...

4. NellaBean

Mar 4, 2009
    Broodyland, TN
    My Coop
    I can't get the Ideal website to work for me.....maybe its a sign, LOL.

5. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Me too! I am anxious!

6. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    Still got your incubator? I have a few beautiful teal blue eggs out of a white Ameraucana, fathered by a splash, and a few tan eggs as well, and a couple DARK marans eggs in from the same pen. Everything I have hatched out of there comes out blue, and has a pea comb and a beard... PM me if interested in eggs.... You are getting very sleepy... Veeeerrrryyy sleeepy... when I snap my fingers, you will PM me and buy some eggs! LOL

SNAP!

OOOHHH! It WORKED!!! [​IMG]

7. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

Yeah, my babies are being treated same as the adults, the only difference being that they still sleep in the youngsters coop. I have 4 cockerels growing out, that could be replaced with pullets.....ya know?

I have the itch! lol

8. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    Hey, Nellabean! I have a splash Ameraucana rooster that needs a new home. He's yours if you can come get him. He's out of the Cree line and came from a gorgeous blue egg. He'll make pretty EEs! [​IMG]
    Other than that, I can't help you until spring. [​IMG]

9. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    My chicks are due in two days!

10. NellaBean

Mar 4, 2009
    Broodyland, TN
    My Coop
    I don't have my incubator anymore........accidently ran it over with my truck when I had it sitting out for cleaning. When I had a hen go broody recently, my visiting mother commented that hopefully I wouldn't run over my "incubator" this time. Ha. Thanks Mom [​IMG]

Sadly, I do still have 2 Roosters and a young cockerel onsite, and only 23 hens/pullets, so don't need another boy right now!

I had a broody on eggs but she gave up on Day 19. They should have been hatching yesterday [​IMG]

After raising the last batch of cockerels from my own eggs, I would love to have only pullets........those little dudes ate me out of house and home.......stop tempting me........stop....tempting....me......losing....willpower.....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by