willowbranchfarm

Chicken Boots
12 Years
Oct 3, 2011
Virginia
My Coop
My Coop
Hey everyone! :)

I haven't been on BYC in a while and I haven't had chickens in about four years which is crazy! I loved raising them and have missed it dearly. Now with everything happening in life, I am home and have plenty of time to start up again! I am getting some new baby chicks on Wednesday (hopefully) and I am so excited! :celebrate I will be posting pictures and updates!!!

I wish you luck on getting those chicks! I have to be awake before sunrise to pick up chicks tomorrow before the rush hits. :rolleyes: Covid-19 hoarders went for the toilet paper, now its the chickens! all 3 local feed stores in my area sold out on their first day, only an hour after getting their chick shipment. luckily, they should be getting more tomorrow, and hopefully they'll have more than 50 chicks this time. :fl

I wish you luck on getting those chicks! I have to be awake before sunrise to pick up chicks tomorrow before the rush hits. :rolleyes: Covid-19 hoarders went for the toilet paper, now its the chickens! all 3 local feed stores in my area sold out on their first day, only an hour after getting their chick shipment. luckily, they should be getting more tomorrow, and hopefully they'll have more than 50 chicks this time. :fl

I’m in the same boat! Have to wake up early to get there because they sell out within the hour! So worth it though! Tomorrow’s the day!

I’m in the same boat! Have to wake up early to get there because they sell out within the hour! So worth it though! Tomorrow’s the day!
Well I JUST got back, and they said they didn't have any chicks yet! I had called the previous day and they said they'd have a new shipment by 8am. we drove 30 minutes down to the store at 7am, just for them to tell us that they "don't come until 1pm" :he There's no preorder list, so we have to wait for a call when the shipment comes in, and then (hopefully) get down there before they all sell out. Their customer service isn't great.

A friend of mine decided to drive an hour to try and get some chicks, and luckily they weren't sold out this time! :celebratethey knew we wanted some, so they picked up a few for us. We now have 3 chicks, one Black Copper Maran and two barred rock. Not sure of the age, but I'm glad I got some!

A friend of mine decided to drive an hour to try and get some chicks, and luckily they weren't sold out this time! :celebratethey knew we wanted some, so they picked up a few for us. We now have 3 chicks, one Black Copper Maran and two barred rock. Not sure of the age, but I'm glad I got some!

Oh good!!! It’s definitely prime time chick season! Good luck with your chicks!

Update: I got my 12 chicks this morning! 6 Buff Orpingtons, 2 Welsummers, 2 Salmon Faverolles, 1 Gray Polish and 1 White Crested Black Polish! They are all adorable and my siblings are obsessed!!!

Update: I got my 12 chicks this morning! 6 Buff Orpingtons, 2 Welsummers, 2 Salmon Faverolles, 1 Gray Polish and 1 White Crested Black Polish! They are all adorable and my siblings are obsessed!!!
I love Salmon Faverolles but we were all sold out here. :hmm
Congrats on the new chicks!

Back
Top Bottom