State a fact about yourself!

Oh no! I'm gonna be getting rid of some of chickens too so I know how that feels :(

Washington
roll.png

I live there too! It's rainy still, at least where I live.
smile.png

Saw a brown recluse spider at school today......... With the whole spider crawling up my leg thing yesterday, umm yeah, I think I'll pass.

Since Silkies are not heat tolerant I would think that where you're at and this time of year that you should be okay. How cold does it get during the winter and what type of housing do you have for her?

When did you get your Silkie and at what age was she when you got her?

I have 14 hens that I received in three shipments between the last part of May through the middle of June and they didn't start laying until 21 October. The Rhode Island Reds only just started laying the past couple of days. If that's any help for you.

Chickens don't have a set pattern that you can count on their starting. It's just a general rule of thumb. It just depends on nature, their diet and surroundings. The day I took the last rooster out of our coop and put him in the crock pot the ladies started laying - not sure if it was from the lack of stress from the rooster or fear that it would happen to them next if they didn't start laying :)

Back
Top Bottom