Stationary coop, but need mobile options

Nice! Great job!

Just in case... If you're letting them sleep in there & you have any predators, you need to cover that 2x4 fencing with something, even if it has to be a tarp until hardware cloth comes back in stock.

Your permanent coop is super cute, but it doesn't look like it has much space.

Are you talking about the one in the first post? I've been wondering about that too. Most coops of that style are quite small. But based on the size of the guineas, the size of the lumber, and the hardware cloth-- I'm thinking that's a pretty sizeable coop. I'd love to have dimensions, or have a person beside it for scale.

@GoodGuinea I know it's been over a year since you put the coop picture in the first post, but are you able to tell us how big it is?

Are you talking about the one in the first post? I've been wondering about that too. Most coops of that style are quite small. But based on the size of the guineas, the size of the lumber, and the hardware cloth-- I'm thinking that's a pretty sizeable coop. I'd love to have dimensions, or have a person beside it for scale.

@GoodGuinea I know it's been over a year since you put the coop picture in the first post, but are you able to tell us how big it is?

Sure. The coop itself (upper section) is 4x8, and the run underneath is 8x8.

Since that photo was taken, we also repurposed our kids' old dome jungle gym into additional run space in the back, with a diameter of 10x10.

As for mobile options, we looked at several, but pretty much gave up. We're phasing out the guineas and moving on to chickens.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom