Status of coop

Vickir73

Chickens Ate My Brain
9 Years
Sep 9, 2010
Leggett/Livingston
Okay, I year ago I would not have imagined I was capable of something like this, but I have amazed myself and everyone who knows me. So far, I've taken an old goat/kid barn and converted it into my "dream" coop. Here's what I've done so far. The first image is before and the second image is where I'm at today. It still needs a little work
smile.png
like a roof
smile.png
and doors on the second set of next boxes. The door needs new hinges, but this is going to be closed up anyway, so it's not really an issue. I've done this entirely myself!! well, with a little help from my sister in helping me the next boxes into place and sitting down on the ground and waiting to make sure I never fell off the roof
smile.png
I am hoping to be finished with the by the end of May. I've designed and built this so I guess I'm in the mood for a little bragging, so please forgive me
smile.png
Hope ya'll have a great day and feel free to let me know what you think.

Before:
67415_dsc06352.jpg

Now:
67415_coop.jpg

and here are the "boys" that rule this soon to be Castle!!!
67415_boys.jpg

You have every right to brag!

Great job you're doing.

It's amazing what we can do once we put our minds to it and get started!!

I struggled for a year trying to decide on buying a shed and modifying it or building my own coop.

I've never built anything in my life and am so pleased with myself for building an 8x12 coop from the ground up!

It's a great feeling!
big_smile.png

Keep us posted with more pics!
thumbsup.gif

Annie, right now the inside looks horrible. My poor girls (and boys) are cramped, so it' not a pretty site with the roost and feeds and waters in such a small area. However, as soon as I get the outside finished, I'll work on the inside. The plan is to hand the water and feeders from the roof and increase the roosting space, including adding some higher up for the guineas. Thank you all for the kind words. They are greatly appreciated !!

Back
Top Bottom