Staying Clean

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by NYGirl89, Aug 24, 2011.

1. NYGirl89

NYGirl89 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 22, 2011
    Do any of you manage to stay clean when you clean the duck coop, fill the pool, clean dishes or anything duck related? It always seems like I'm getting something slashed on me or in my face. This morning I was cleaning their food dish with the hose and i had a face full.. [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 24, 2011
  2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Quote:Been ther done that so many times [​IMG] now I have pants that I wear on those days I use the bleach, because no matter how careful it's gonna get ya.

3. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    I'm never clean after cleaning their living quarters. I think the ducks are cleaner than I am. I get crap splashed in my eyes, my nose and my mouth. Gotta love it! [​IMG]

4. ugly ducky

ugly ducky Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 26, 2008
    S.E. MO
    Stay clean doing ducks? Are you kidding? Impossible! I have 7 pools to clean and fill, so I get up in the morning, do chores, THEN take a shower. Besides getting back spray, my biggest complaint is the darn hose. I'm forever getting mud all over my legs from the hose, but it washes off, and the enjoyment of the ducks outweighs the dirty factor. I figure it just goes with the territory.

5. dumb_cluck

dumb_cluck Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2010
    Upstate NY
    I always wear my "play clothes" when I'm going to clean. I've got a chicken coop, duck pen and two mini horses stalls that keep me very busy AND dirty! [​IMG]

6. NYGirl89

NYGirl89 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 22, 2011
    I'm glad i'm not the only 1 getting dirty [​IMG]!! My ducks don't even like their pool [​IMG]!! I'm thinking about getting rid of it. They have a nice size pan in their yard that they'd rather play in..

7. ChickInDelight

ChickInDelight Never an Empty Nest

Apr 27, 2011
    Browntown, VA
    I always make a mess when I am outdoors. If I am painting, I am covered. If I am cleaning pens - well, you get the idea.

My DXH (that is an X husband) worked in horse barns and dog kennels every day. He was also a house painter. That man never seemed to have dirt / paint on him and always smelled great.

I think some people are just naturally messy. I know I am! [​IMG]

8. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Quote:I am as well. One thing that stumps me is that when I go outside, I always put on my knee length rubber boots. The part that I can't understand is how can dirt and rocks and leaves and hay get in my boots when they are KNEE LENGTH!??? [​IMG]

9. KrazyKZ08

KrazyKZ08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2011
    Brevard, FL
    yeah its a messy job!! i just go out in flip flops and old ratty clothes or a swimsuit and spray everything down, then spray myself down afterwards. I have an attachment on my hose that makes the water pressure really high so i dont have to be standing over the mess which helps alot with the splashing. i've gotten some infections on my feet from walking in there, so i've been considering getting boots. but if the stuff is getting in your eyes maybe you could wear goggles or a mask? i mean youll look silly but its better than having an eye infection!

10. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Quote:I am as well. One thing that stumps me is that when I go outside, I always put on my knee length rubber boots. The part that I can't understand is how can dirt and rocks and leaves and hay get in my boots when they are KNEE LENGTH!??? [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by