Steamed fresh eggs peel easily!!

Sunflowergirl

Songster
8 Years
Feb 16, 2012
Quitman, Texas
Ok, I know there have been a LOT of threads on hard boiling and peeling fresh eggs. So, I am putting in my 2 cents and eggperience!
big_smile.png

Ran across this information on Simply Recipes blog: http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/how_to_make_perfect_hard_boiled_eggs/

She did not give directions per se on steaming farm fresh eggs. But, here is what I did from her tip:

I filled up a steamer pot with a single layer of eggs, set aside.
Put a couple of inches of water in the bottom of the dutch oven, covered it and brought it to a boil.
When the water was boiling, I set my steamer pot with the eggs on the dutch oven and covered the eggs.
Steamed for 20 minutes.
Ran cool water over the eggs and then set steamer pot and eggs down into a bowl and fill on up with the cool water.
Peeled the eggs!!! Even my 5-year old decided she wanted to try peeling eggs. It was very easy for her!!!

The eggs I used were pee wee and small and 4 days and under old. I cut open a pee wee and a small egg. Both yolks were a pretty golden yellow. No green!!!

Yea!!! Steaming worked for me!!!

I know of a way for easy peeling and perfect hard boil egg with out the green ring. When i was a culinary student the chef taught us to boil the eggs for 2-3 mins on a rolling boil then turn off the heat and don't remove from heat and just cover with lid for about 15-20 mins. Then shock the eggs in an ice bath with lots ice till eggs are ice cold and then crack the shell a little and roll the eggs between the palms of your hands and the egg will peel out in one whole pieces. There you go the perfect hard boiled egg every time w/o the green ring and easy peeling in large or one whole piece. Hope this helps and this even works on the freshest of eggs as long as you shock them in ice water.

I know of a way for easy peeling and perfect hard boil egg with out the green ring. When i was a culinary student the chef taught us to boil the eggs for 2-3 mins on a rolling boil then turn off the heat and don't remove from heat and just cover with lid for about 15-20 mins. Then shock the eggs in an ice bath with lots ice till eggs are ice cold and then crack the shell a little and roll the eggs between the palms of your hands and the egg will peel out in one whole pieces. There you go the perfect hard boiled egg every time w/o the green ring and easy peeling in large or one whole piece. Hope this helps and this even works on the freshest of eggs as long as you shock them in ice water.

Oh my heavens, this works PERFECTLY!! My fresh eggs just literally rolled out of the shell, leaving the shell almost in one piece!

Thank you so much for this tip!!
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom