Step By Step Guide To Assisted Hatching!

rlhagan56

Crowing
12 Years
Mar 10, 2012
Out West
That article in the learning center just saved an expensive chick for me! Thank you! I have hatched many times but it's been awhile. I got 7 eggs of a rare breed, the eggs were dirty and I sanitized them with Oxine using information from another article on here. The only egg to make it to lockdown pipped Day 20 evening. By Day 21 evening I followed the article he was peeping and breathing well but still in the egg with no further effort. I waited till after 18 hours and then warmed up a hot water bottle, sanitized my hands, tweezers, Qtips etc. and picked away a small section above the air cell line, wet the inner membrane and I could see veins still large and full. All of this I learned from here on BYC. Because the article kept reiterating to wait, as long as they are breathing and peeping they are fine, I left it alone. This morning I had a healthy wet chick! Rereading that article over and over saved this chick. I knew they can go 3 days before first eating and drinking, but I was worried to where I couldn't sleep, this article stopped me from interfering. He just needed longer than most to absorb all that blood and yolk. THANK YOU!

What great news!
Congrats on the chick.
We need pictures. ;)

Back
Top Bottom