Step By Step Small Coop Construction (mostly)

I agree this should be posted in the coop area as it is very informative.
I havnt made a coop page yet, but i think its the same as just the normal page if im not mistaken?? and what i did for "My Page" was just copy and paste the picture from photobucket. just make an account and when viewing the picture, click copy, then click paste in your coop page. You can upload a few pictures at a time that way, i know i did like 13 today, dont know if there is a max number that you can upload at once.

hope that helps
thumbsup.gif

Do you add additional ventilation up top that you are not showing in the pix? I have read in numerous posts about the huge need for proper ventilation.
Great Coop! Thanks,
Steve

Amazing job, it is a beautiful coop. Thank you for taking the time to document the step by step! This is what I love about this group, we give info freely. Makes things so much nicer!

Quote:
Nope just windows that open. Adding ventilation at the eave would be pretty easy, in our climate though when we get down to -15f or colder there are some days where you really want the ability to fine tune the airflow down to almost nothing.

Should also mention that the pop door represents considerable airflow, and except for the really cold days mine stays open 24/7.

Last edited:
Quote:
Nope, my personal coop is just like this except 4x6 and with two heat lamps on a thermostat I had no problems keeping my water from freezing last winter.

I tend to shy away from insulation just because It tends to turn into rodent living space.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom