Stick em up!!

jeepchick

Songster
8 Years
Mar 23, 2011
Loudon, New Hampshire
I miss the kids playing in the summer....now they just complain that it's too hot lol

My little guy shortly after confiscating the hose from him.....he wouldn't give up the nozzle tho
tongue.png

0042393-R1-019-8.jpg

That's too funny.

The other sad thing is, if the kids DO play outside, the neighbors complain they're making too much noise.
roll.png

One Easter the Princess had the bright idea of giving each of the grandchildren a water pistol in their basket. All five of them decided to gang up on "Pa." When they set up some subterfuge to lure me outside, I appeared with a bucket of water in hand, and then the fun began. It ended with my SIL begging my daughter to get "me" under control before we destroyed the inside of their house. Yep, this family has long been known for their house wide water fights--back in the day it was not uncommon to drag the hose into the house and spray all participants. Still don't know how the Princess tolerated that.
idunno.gif

Gee, isn't that a cute photo?
big_smile.png

I remember fond times from when I was a kid. Nowadays I spend my holidays indoors, on the internet, reading, or studying. In summer it's too hot, in winter there's nowhere to go that isn't closed besides walking around the streets... no parks near here. And besides, too much work to keep on top of
roll.png

We used to have a swing set in the garden of my old house. That was a lot of fun. Us kids, my friends and I, would do all sorts of stuff in that city...
- Our mothers would take us on excursions to various parks we'd all been to thousands of times before. We never got tired of it.
- We'd poke coals after a wet barbecue under the umbrellas, trying to reignite the fire
- My dad felled the trees in the garden once, the neighbours all helped catch the logs, he had it all tied up with ropes and everything. That sort of stuff was fascinating for the kids
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom