Still Air incubator Help

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by hurricane123, Feb 21, 2016.

1. hurricane123

hurricane123 New Egg

Feb 21, 2016
    Hello. SO with my still air incubator, i have put automatic turners in it. When my chicks are born, where will they go? Will they sit in the slot where the egg goes? Do i need to move them into the brooder? I just dont want the turner to turn on them! HELP!!!

2. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! When you get to day 18 with your eggs you will need to remove the eggs from the turner and take it out of the incubator. You can then place your eggs on their sides in the incubator for hatch. They don't need to be turned after day 18 as they need time to get into position for hatch on day 21ish. By removing the turner there is no chance of any hatched chicks become trapped in the turner.

Wishing you the very best of luck with your hatch.

Enjoy BYC :frow

3. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Good advice from Yorkshire coop, she's a master hatcher so you can take advantage of her expertise.

What breed of chicks are you hatching?

It's nice to have you here!

4. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    You may want to post on one of the hatching threads to learn about 'still air incubators." OR you can put "still air incubator," in the search box, any articles on that topic will pop up.

6. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

Hello!
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to join the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by