Still broody

Ok so we have one baby pecking its way out.
I have taken out the first lot of babies as I am terrified they will peck at or stamp in the new ones.
The older babies are fine, in a heated cage with food and water.
They look happy and settled.
So now to wait for the new little ones to arrive, that are a few days early!!!

Ok so we have one baby pecking its way out.
I have taken out the first lot of babies as I am terrified they will peck at or stamp in the new ones.
The older babies are fine, in a heated cage with food and water.
They look happy and settled.
So now to wait for the new little ones to arrive, that are a few days early!!!
What is the status now?

Ok so one baby arrived early. All is wonderful with her. But the others have not hatched yet. They are due tomorrow.
Will I see any signs today to let me know they are ready to be born?
Mummy is going great, she is still sitting on eggs and still being a wonderful mum to the babies.
I let her out of the maternity ward 3 times a day, so she can be with the other babies, then she goes back in with the tiny baby to sit on the rest of the eggs.
First time so still learning.
But gave enjoyed thus wonderful experience so much.
Will she looses broodiness soon??

Last edited:
Ok so one baby arrived early. All is wonderful with her. But the others have not hatched yet. They are due tomorrow.
Will I see any signs today to let me know they are ready to be born?
Mummy is going great, she is still sitting on eggs and still being a wonderful mum to the babies.
I let her out of the maternity ward 3 times a day, so she can be with the other babies, then she goes back in with the tiny baby to sit on the rest of the eggs.
First time so still learning.
But gave enjoyed thus wonderful experience so much.
Will she looses broodiness soon??
You may hear peeping from the eggs and/or you may see a small opening in the eggs. I hope she is not staying off the eggs for to long so that they do not stay warm enough.

Back
Top Bottom