Still concerned about watery chicken poop

Ms.tiamaria

Songster
May 26, 2018
Still concerned about my chickens' poops. Any thoughts or insight appreciated. This has been going on close to a week now.

Attachments

• IMG_9698.JPG
    IMG_9698.JPG
    338.2 KB · Views: 9
Chilly here. No meds
If they are acting normally and not dropping weight I would feel like they are alright. Warning signs would be blood that is bright, bright green poo although this can occur from diet, or actually worms in the droppings or foamy poo. The acv water shouldn't make them sick. Chickens are so hardy. One of my roos drank bleach water last year and he's still here today. It sounds crazy I know! I also didn't intend for this to happen lol I love my birds with all my heart.

If they are acting normally and not dropping weight I would feel like they are alright. Warning signs would be blood that is bright, bright green poo although this can occur from diet, or actually worms in the droppings or foamy poo. The acv water shouldn't make them sick. Chickens are so hardy. One of my roos drank bleach water last year and he's still here today. It sounds crazy I know! I also didn't intend for this to happen lol I love my birds with all my heart.

I am also worried because they had a rough start. They were shipped when it was too cold out last spring and they got chilled. 3 died, and the 2 I have left must have been stronger. I was informed by the county cooperative extension that they could still have kidney damage damage due to the damage they could have sustained from being chilled. I believe she said we wouldn't know for sure until they reached laying age or began eating layer food or something like that. I didn't commit it to memory because she overwhelmed me with information and I didn't want to fixate on it and worry over them. Does this sound familiar to anybody? They are 26 weeks old now, and I have mixed layer feed and grower food 50/50 since they aren't laying yet.

I am also worried because they had a rough start. They were shipped when it was too cold out last spring and they got chilled. 3 died, and the 2 I have left must have been stronger. I was informed by the county cooperative extension that they could still have kidney damage damage due to the damage they could have sustained from being chilled. I believe she said we wouldn't know for sure until they reached laying age or began eating layer food or something like that. I didn't commit it to memory because she overwhelmed me with information and I didn't want to fixate on it and worry over them. Does this sound familiar to anybody? They are 26 weeks old now, and I have mixed layer feed and grower food 50/50 since they aren't laying yet.

Back
Top Bottom