still fighting

TomandBarbara

Songster
10 Years
Aug 26, 2012
Greater London UK
My 3yr old girls are still picking on our newbie POL girls,they are all in the same large coop now so plenty of space but still send each other flapping with some feathers flying! Its been 6weeks now!Has anyone had any luck with integrating new girls? I've seen natural sprays for cats and dogs to help calm them when new pets arrive but has one heard of something that can used on chickens.

My 3yr old girls are still picking on our newbie POL girls,they are all in the same large coop now so plenty of space but still send each other flapping with some feathers flying! Its been 6weeks now!Has anyone had any luck with integrating new girls? I've seen natural sprays for cats and dogs to help calm them when new pets arrive but has one heard of something that can used on chickens.
That's just how chickens are...there will always be some pecking, chasing, 'guarding' of food and water. That's why places of refuge and multiple food/water stations are so important.

The 'Pecking Order' is very real....and the crap rolls downhill...and can change on a moments notice for reasons we don't have a clue about.

It may change once the POL's actually start laying.

Last edited:
That is what I am thinking, once they start laying, they kind of rearrange the pecking order again, and the layers rise above the wanna be layers. Once they all get to laying, IF you have enough space, they should settle down.

They main in sub flocks until winter. I have found **** cold weather makes for much more acceptance among the flock.

Mrs K

Back
Top Bottom