Still hope?

9lilchicks

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 13, 2013
Southern Indiana
Okay, this is my first hatch, so bear w me.
I have 12 beautiful button quail babies out if 16. 4 still in the bator. HOW LONG can it go between hatches? I read all will hatch within 8 hrs of one another but that isn't true here. Some were more than 24 hours apart. Do the rest still have any hope?

Last edited:
Okay, this is my first hatch, so bear w me.
I have 12 beautiful button quail babies out if 16. 4 still in the bator. HOW LONG can it go between hatches? I read all will hatch within 8 hrs of one another but that isn't true here. Some were more than 24 hours apart. Do the rest still have any hope?
awwwww do u have an update and pics? I never did buttons but I have some on day 13 today. did you look for internal pips or listen for them? I am wondering if you can float test button quail too? I have an assist article in my signature, but its more chicken than anything. but it does have links to float testing.

Can you share a little bit about the hatch? what humidity lockdown and how long to hatch, do they pip rest and then zip like chicken or do they just pop out? LOL

Congrats I think you did very well with those numbers!

you may not have enough posts! I have a toolbar above where I type that has an add video icon and pics and attachments emoticons and such???? check message area see if you can send them to me there and then I can copy paste or maybe you can email to yourself copy and paste??

Sally,
I managed to get pics on another post. I think u can find them by looking at my subscriptions?

Back
Top Bottom