(Still) Looking for Speckled Sussex eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by tntstanifer, Apr 5, 2008.

1. tntstanifer

tntstanifer Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 1, 2007
    Tennessee
    My Speckled Sussex, Dot, was sitting on her eggs and something got her. Just left a bunch of smashed eggs and feathers. She was my favorite out of all my birds. She had such a personality and I've read that all Speckled Sussex are like that. So, if you have eggs I would be interested. I have serama eggs in the incubator right now (Day 3) so I probably will need them in a couple of weeks. Thanks!

update: Serama eggs are at Day 8 now. Incubator will be available by the 24th. I'd like to go ahead and order these eggs so I can pay with e-check through Pay-Pal and have it clear for you.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2008
  2. chicken legs

chicken legs Out Of The Brooder

Jul 9, 2007
    SW, CT
    Sorry to hear about Dottie. I was just looking at pictures of her and her little family and can't believe I came to this post afterward...so sad. I know raccoons got to mine in the past and it's a crappy feeling...so sorry

3. tntstanifer

Nov 1, 2007
    Tennessee
    Thank you. She was like a pet. It is a crappy feeling. I cried [​IMG]
    We saved a few of her feathers and I told my daughter that we would print one of her pics and attach the feathers to a frame.

4. amazondoc

amazondoc Cracked Egghead

Mar 31, 2008
    Lebanon, TN
    Check out the Tennessee Poultry group on yahoogroups. Somebody in Sparta was just advertising three speckled Sussex hens for sale TODAY.

5. ginasmarans

ginasmarans Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    West Tn
    Where are you in Tn? I am in SW Tn,near Jackson and I have several speckled sussex hens and roos. I did have hatching eggs,but ran out of cage room and had to mix them with the big flock.

6. tntstanifer

Nov 1, 2007
    Tennessee
    Quote:You are not far from me at all [​IMG] I'm in Stanton.

7. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    Oh Terri, Gina has BEAUTIFUL Speckled Sussex. Cynthia's Nelda came from Gina. You should definitely get some.

8. tntstanifer

Nov 1, 2007
    Tennessee
    I really want some babies though!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by