still need help please

lin2008

Hatching
12 Years
Jan 13, 2008
hello ---not sure if am posting in right section etc if does not go oh well try later--------------anyway please three question 1st need 2 give little boy chicken i am babysitting a bath so WHAT KIND OF SOAP DO I USE? 2nd how do proctect hands so he wont peck the heck out of them / plus him pecking do i need 2 put antibodiest on peck even if he does not break skin? 3rd when i must put in back in the box how can i grab him with hurting him or MAKING HIM FEAR MY HANDS >>>WHEN I PUT HIM IN THE BOX?-------thank-you for your help-----------lin**************************************************************************p.s. my questins where answered i went in to the chat room so all ok now>>>>>>and 2 clarify more 1st am babysitting my little guy /SOB landlady sorry 2 say her son died / so again am babysitting (2nd) landlady had 2 baby outside and wild cat(s) got the little girl chicken and my love saw it (3rd) no coop for the baby(s) so far a box only (4th) till she come back my boy is inside and he out box for 2 to 3hrs a.m and p.m. then back in box / the help subjectedtion i got said to put him in the bathroom and he going to be freer in the bathroom so he going AND HE WONT HAVE 2 FEAR MY HANDS SO MUCH by putting him in his box again======then and if he has 2 go back in box when he in bathroom i can get him better and he not running free (5th) a bath due him being dirty from his poop in box and i want 2 make sure no cuts from bordem in box etc (6th) not knowing chickens what he looked like when he smallerrr he (and she ) looked like the babys chickens kids got at easter ++++++++thank-you / lin

Last edited:
How old is this bird? Old enough not to need heat? What are you feeding it? Water? Inside still? Do you just have one?

Why does he need a bath? Usually you don't give birds baths because they don't really need them as they preen their feathers and take dust baths when outside.

Pecking at you, why is he pecking at you? Probably just curious? You don't need to use any antibiotics on yourself it it pecks at you. Think of it this way, if you poke yourself with a stick, do you need to put antibiotics on it? Nope.

As for fearing your hands, it is natural for birds not to like things coming at them from above. Move slowly and reach under them, not over them.

dangit! now i know why its easier to snag them off their perches or when I'm quat down on the ground. as opposed to bending over to pick them up.

Back
Top Bottom