Still new to this

Jg19902000

In the Brooder
Apr 28, 2020
So, our hens are all grown and laying eggs. I have a concern because we have received a lot of rain in Ohio here of late. My chickens are soaking wet today. There is a tarp covering over their run but they don't seem to have the common sense to stay out of the run and keep dry. I added bedding a few days ago because the weather has turned colder at night and get the girls used to being on bedding again. How can I dry them off? I don't have a hair dryer and with 8 hens, that would be a lot of towels. Will they naturally dry, even if it is cold?

Hey there Welcome to Backyard Chickens they have coats on...
Those feather insulate is the coop wide open ? is there breeze right on them ?
Ventilation is above photos are great

The coop has ventilation holes in the gable of roof. It sits over a foot above their heads when they are on the roost bar. The other sides are closed in. At night we shut the access door from the coop to the yard to keep them safe from predators. They don't have coats on, just their feathers, which are getting soggy. When they are out in their yard, it is fenced in, with a tarp on top of rood to keep them dry.

I’m live on the equator, but here’s a pic of my flock during a rain shower - 10 ft away to the left was a carport which was totally protected from the elements (not to mention a100 sq ft run not much further away )
665BB6C0-C169-4ECE-8EDB-0B30CEBC45F5.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom