Still no eggs!

From what I've read, they might skip a day or two in the beginning. But they could also be laying out of the nesting boxes. If you don't get one in a few days you might want to look elsewhere! I keep mine in the run during the morning and free range with them at night. Hopefully it will keep most of the eggs in the coop!

This thread really does seem like good luck. Like the second you give up hope and post on the forum you get eggs
1f602.png
So funny! I can't believe my buffs is laying too. She just started maturing.

From what I've read, they might skip a day or two in the beginning. But they could also be laying out of the nesting boxes. If you don't get one in a few days you might want to look elsewhere! I keep mine in the run during the morning and free range with them at night. Hopefully it will keep most of the eggs in the coop!

This thread really does seem like good luck. Like the second you give up hope and post on the forum you get eggs
1f602.png

1f602.png

Yes today I kept her locked up in the run again until about 6:00pm. Maybe she will lay again tomorrow since I posted about it in this magic thread.
1f606.png

Congrats on your buff!! I have a buff that's just getting red in the face too. Can't wait for more of mine to mature!
1f373.png
1f373.png
1f373.png

Sending good luck your way! Are their combs big and red and are they squatting when you go to pet them?
Thank you! Well the Barred Rocks are more red with bigger combs and wattles. The Buffs are pretty red, but definitely not as big of combs as I've seen in adult pictures. No squatting yet, I think... Maybe from my Ameraucana, but could be just because she is the tamest she holds still for pets :) I'll try to get pics of them tomorrow.

So right on schedule my buff sat in the box for awhile and laid. My sex link went in a few times and even sang a little but no egg. She had done it 3 times that I've seen so not sure why she can't lay. Hopefully when I get home there will be an egg.

So right on schedule my buff sat in the box for awhile and laid. My sex link went in a few times and even sang a little but no egg. She had done it 3 times that I've seen so not sure why she can't lay. Hopefully when I get home there will be an egg.

Huh, yeah that's strange. I got another egg from my sex link today. I swore I was so excited to eat the first egg I got but I can't bring myself to crack it and fry it up yet!

I'm the same way! I'm just hording them right now. I like seeing that they are getting bigger! Ha! I'm almost out of store bought eggs so I'll have to start using them soon!

My RSL laid an egg yesterday so I let her out to free range with the others. I checked on them at about 7:00 and then about 9:30 I went out to close up the run for the night and she wasn't in the coop with the others:( I looked for her for about an hour and then had to call it a night as it was too dark. This morning she is still gone:( I'm devastated. There are no signs of anything getting her, no feathers or blood, but it did rain a little yesterday evening and I wonder if she became disoriented.
1f616.png
1f616.png
1f616.png

Oh no! I am so sorry. That is terrible. We had a similar thing happen to one of my Dixie rainbow. I wouldn't have know what had happened it I hadn't of found another chicken injured. It was a sad day :(

Oh no! I am so sorry. That is terrible. We had a similar thing happen to one of my Dixie rainbow. I wouldn't have know what had happened it I hadn't of found another chicken injured. It was a sad day :(

You're NEVER going to believe this. My chicken has been gone for over 24 hours and I just knew I'd never see her again. Well my neighbor came over and had my hen in her arms. She found her laying an egg in my neighbors coop!!! Not only is this thread lucky enough to bring you eggs, its lucky enough to give your neighbors some eggs too! Lol!

Oh my goodness
1f602.png
I am so happy! This thread is crazy lucky!

I'm so glad she is ok and back home. And now you know where your eggs are going
1f602.png
. My RSL is back to laying after a 2 day strike and my buff continues to lay a little egg everyday. My daughter loves going to check for eggs. She checks a few times a day even after they have laid one lol.

Back
Top Bottom