Still no eggs

About the time you completely give up hope, they lay. But I think they are close to 6 more weeks, they have not reddened up yet. Their combs will get bright red, and then it is about 3-4 weeks. I have one pullet that is redder than her sisters. I am counting the days too.
That’s really good to know, thank you so much!!

How old did they say the chicks were and how long have you had them?
I’ll have to double check when I got them. When I did get them, they told me they were 4 weeks old. Then a few days later another employee said they wouldn’t sell them that young so they had to be older. So it was confusing lol

I’ll have to double check when I got them. When I did get them, they told me they were 4 weeks old. Then a few days later another employee said they wouldn’t sell them that young so they had to be older. So it was confusing lol

The second employee was completely wrong.
Tractor Supply gets chicks in the mail when they are about three DAYS old, and sells them almost immediately. At the busy times of the year, the chicks are all sold before new ones come in the next week.

When you bought them, were they little puffballs? Or completely covered with feathers? Puffballs are under a week old, completely feathered is 4+ weeks. They grow wing feathers first, body feathers next, and feathers on top of the head are among the last to grow.

Back
Top Bottom