STILL no pipping?

jenjen182

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 21, 2014
It's day 21 of my RIR hatching and I'm not seeing any pipping. These past couple days there have been some rocking, and I candled before and many of the eggs are fully developed.

I know sometimes it takes longer, but is there anything I can do? I have 100 degree F temperature and high humidity.

Thanks!
fl.gif

my hen had 2 eggs under her- one was bantam and hatched on day 21, the other is reg. sized, and is still in egg, I am thinking it is day 22, although, I may have put it in a couple days after the little egg naughty me!!! the day 22 egg is in the air cell, but the inner casing on him is still veiny so I am leaving him to digest all those yummy juices, and will check on him tonight.

It's been a couple hours and still no pipping. I did think that I heard a cheeping but it could have been from outside. The eggs that I thought would hatch have the large end elevated- is that good?
fl.gif

when you first put eggs in incubator, it is best to have pointed end down. when it is day 18 and you have candled the high end should be down and the low end should be up.

Yeah, I read somewhere that that's a good sign. Still no pipping, and the eggs haven't wobbled in a bit. I'm hopeful that there will be a pipping soon...

So its been overnight and still nothing! I'm hoping everything is ok in there. Just candled and saw chicks inside several of the eggs, the air cells were broken too, so they were breathing from there... but no sounds, and no pipping! I'm starting to feel that this is a dud hatch.
hit.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom