STILL not laying...

Mine were very slow to lay also but once they started they were very good layers and still are at two years old taking one break while molting at about a year old (maybe two to three weeks)
big_smile.png
Don't give up on them just yet.

I got my Ameraucana and two EEs last year in May. They were about two weeks old at the time. They just started laying over the holidays. I was starting to think something was wrong with them. But, they lay beautiful eggs now.

I don't know if this helps but I have 2 ameracaunas that are 34 weeks (8 months) old. One started laying at 20 weeks and lays 6 days a week. The other one STILL DOESN'T lay! The winter months hasn't affected my other 2 chickens that also lay. They are regular layers. They are a slw and rir.

mary

Thanks to all of you for your comments. I was thinking it was most likely the season. They haven't been free range for all that long, and our property is pretty flat, clean, and plant free. We've already scanned anywhere that would be feasible for a clutch, and haven't found a single one. Our male Ameraucana hasn't even started mounting the girls yet, so I'm thinking they just aren't ready. I love em too much to get impatient.

I'll be posting pics soon- Dragon, our boy, is finally starting to regrow his tail feathers after they were mercilessly removed by a different, dominant hen- I didn't want to emasculate him in front of you all. Thanks again! Best chicken site on the web, imho!

Back
Top Bottom