1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

still sick to death over predator problems

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by alibabba, Dec 23, 2015.

1. alibabba

alibabba Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2015
    Seriously.

I have been there. Had electric fence, 2 strands of polywire..took an hour to put up, on a pen an never had a problem. Thought I was golden and had 20 beautiful pullets various heritage breeds in a different pen 10 feet from the house...all but 3 taken one rainy night.

Electric up next day...just 2 puny wires... THAT is all it takes. Nope, not the prettiest, but have not had a problem since. I leave the coop/shed door open...no getting up in the wee hours to let chickens out, I can go away for the WHOLE weekend!

I have foxes screaming and calling every night all night...all AROUND my little property. I have Possums come that I have fed from my hand.

I don't have to dig up my ground and spend on extra hardware cloth...simple simple simple.

2. Ameraucanas

Ameraucanas Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2015
    That is great!

3. hayley3

hayley3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 16, 2007
    Southern Indiana
    So sorry about your hens....it's devastating I know. [​IMG]
    But I'm confused.
    You had two strands of polywire before the killings. (not sure what the difference is between the polywire and the electric wire after the killings)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by