Stinking, dirty egg eater.

Did they get into it far enough to 'taste' the mustard?
No, they didn't even make the hole bigger. It was just the side hole I blew the insides out through. They didn't do a bit of damage to it and gave up. I will be putting it back out tomorrow. The girl who ran up and pecked it first went looking in the best a while later. I gently directed her away from a broody nest as the Mama was out eating. She went to the fake eggs and I thought she was going to peck, but instead-she got in, settled the fake eggs under her and settled in to lay!

......wondering if there are thinner shelled eggs being laid that are the targeted eggs.....
Possibly. We got our first ever soft shell night before last. (First known anyway) It was lain on a 2x4 roost about five feet off the ground. They were immediately given crushed eggshell and we bought 50lbs of Oyster shell yesterday.

I found the idea searching and people used mustard. Mustard didn't work. Mine just ate it and I got the idea from the old school "wash your mouth out with soap" and how similar the pump hand soap looks to egg goo. Lol
Try any "old school" punishment these days, and our own kids will have us arrested. They learn how, in elementary school! Gezz our country is headed down hill!:th

Back
Top Bottom