Stinking MUTT

Im sorry too about Friendly.
sad.png

Glad you got the dog!

Im sorry you lost your chick, I would have done the same exact thing.

I would never feel safe trying to run a dog off with out a gun. tried that when the local mutant dogs where chasing the horses and I ended up beating one half to death with a shovel. the dog got really ticked I was interfering and tried to take it out on me.

Your daughter and Friendly are just beautiful. Your daughter just glows. I'm sending you my condolences and while the memories never fade the heartache will.

You did the right thing.

We have a yellow lab. He is enormous amounts of work to train and I mean ENORMOUS. I have thought of finding him a new home several times but my kids love him. So I train. That is what responsible owners do. If someone's dog came in my yard and killed my chickens I would be ticked. After all my efforts to train ours I expect that from others. On the other hand if their dogs don't bother my chickens I don't mind them crossing my yard. I would shoot any dog trying to hurt my chickens, cats or kids, period. I try way too hard to teach all my animals to stay in my yard to put up with a nuisance dog. So I don't blame you. Dogs hunt, they are animals and I get very ticked at owners who say "My dog won't bite" or "My dog wouldn't do that to any animal". I think yeah right, whatever. All dogs have potential to kill animals, bite people; they are animals, this is why people have to be responsible for them. I understand the occasional escape, but consistent problem dogs there is no excuse for.

Did you take some pics of the dog on your property, with the dead chicken?

Just in case they claim the dog was not in your yard ...

Sorry for the loss of your daughter's pets. I know mine would be devestated if anything happened to her hens.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom