Stinky Poo..????

Quote:
The chicks are only 8 days old today...and she's had the foamy poop on and off the whole time I've had her (about 5 of those days) How much ACV do you put in the water? ratio? I will do that tomorrow...have to go to the market to get some...I do have plain yogurt, I'll offer some of that tonight.

Ok, I thought your chicks were a bit older than that, but the info is still the same. Put about 3 teaspoons per gallon (a little sess than 1 teaspoon if using a quart water. The best ACV for your chicks will be found in the health food department of the grocery store (look for one that contans the mother, the natural bacteria culture used to make vinegar). do this for about 2-3 days, it should help build up the natural bacteria in the chick's intestines.

For the yogurt, try mixing in some of your chick starter to entice them to try it, and if there is any left after about 2 hours take it out of the brooder before it spoils.

I hope this helps.

Quote:
Helps a ton...sorry for hi jacking the thread!
roll.png

I have some acidophilus powder I put in my kid's milk at night and take on occasion and stick in the dog's food now and then too...should I mix a little of that up with the yogurt to add to the yogurt cultures & probiotics? what do you think?

I would hold off until the chicks are a bit older for that. The plain yogurt and chick starter should be enough by itself, and the ACV provides a similar bacterial boost to the acidophilus powder. adding the powder may bet a bit much on their system all at once.

yeah probably ... I can't do anything until morning now, because I'm beat tired and I don't want yogurt cooking in the warmth of their heat lamp all night long...gag!
sickbyc.gif
but first thing in the AM, they will begin their 'yogurt treat' therapy.
big_smile.png

~*Sweet Cheeks*~ :

WOW!!! Didn't really realize they're so many differing types of chicken poo and we have a site we can go to to compare ours to what's normal or not.

Thank you

does it scare you like it scares me, that we really are doing just that?
hide.gif

I thought it was bad when I had my first child and posted a pic of his poopy diaper to my birth group to find out if the color/consistancy seemed normal...and here I am doing it with CHICKENS...
lau.gif
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom