STL- St Louis Chicken People

Chesca

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jan 30, 2012
Wichita
Hey all,

Long time reader, first time writer. I used this sight to get inspired for my coop and learn anything I needed to know! I have had chickens now for 2 full years, my chickens are actually leap year chicks! I currently live in Wichita, but I think I will be relocating to St Louis soon. It seems that chicken rules/laws are different for every neighborhood from what I gathered. Are there any places that don't accept any? and how many chickens can you have?

Thanks in advance for any STL chicken advice/info!

No one in St Louis on here? I'm looking in the Tower Grove area (which I've already found out is super chicken friendly,) University City, and possibly Maplewood/Richmond Heights. Looks like places I can afford are more towards the U City and Tower Grove parts. I'd be interested to know what the backyard chicken situation is like in U City. I'm also somewhat of an avid gardner (relatively new.) Just looking for neighborhoods in STL with like minded people!

Hey Chesca! I just joined and was looking for STL people and found this post. You are allowed up to 4 in St. Louis City but many people have more if they are not out in the open. We have at least 4 coops that I am aware of on our surrounding streets and it is a very chicken friendly area. I am located just west of Tower Grove and just east of Maplewood. Have you relocated yet?

Back
Top Bottom