Stock photography... makin' money 'til we can sell eggs

goats_n_chicks

In the Brooder
10 Years
May 3, 2009
Stock photography is sold online to people who need photos for websites, brochures, etc.

So I decided to sell photos of the chickens until I can start selling their eggs.

282661,1241185807,6.jpg

And this is Fuzzball and we have no idea what breed she is.

Hi, I was wondering how you get the copy right on the picture? I Am an ameuter Photographer - yet have already had pictures stolen.

Quote:
I'd be happy to make you a copyright file for adding to your photos. I'm always dabbling around with stuff like that. What Photo Editing program do you use?

Michelle

What a great idea! I've gotten some excellent photos also.. (a hobby of mine) and since i'm a teenager, this may be an opportunity to earn some money! So maybe you could teach me how it goes...

here are a few of mine... do you think they're worthy?

30083_the_march_of_the_rooster.jpg

30083_file0980.jpg

30083_file0012.jpg

30083_file0153.jpg

30083_file2393.jpg

30083_file0615.jpg

PlumTuckered-
I dont realy edit my photos. The most I ever do is cro the excess scenery to make the subject stand out. Is there a program you would recommend?

ChickenCharmer -
Your pics are gorgeous! And i know what ya mean by the teen and money thing
th.gif
right now Im either on the trator or push mower everyday for at least two - three hours.
hide.gif

The editing software I use is Corel Paint Shop Pro. With this program, you can put a watermark on your photos.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001EJVQDG/ref=ox_ya_oh_product

There are several different stock photography companies. The main one I use is Shutterstock
http://www.shutterstock.com/

There is also Dreamstime, Istock, 123RF and Getty. Look at the various photos on these sites and see what type of photos are selling.

Different sites have different photo requirements e.i. Shutterstock has a minimum of 4mp requirement.

The logo on my photos is taken care of Shutterstock. I would not recommend putting a photo anywhere on the web without a watermark.

If you want a decent free editing program, download Picasa from Google. It's free and easy!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom