stock tanks for swimming?

I suppose I spoil mine in a poor man's fashion but I dump all 4 kiddie pools and the 25 gallon barrel once a day and refill them. I know they don't have to have them but they have so much fun in them. I do 2 or 3 in the morning and the others in the afternoon. With 20 ducks they muck them up quickly but they have so much fun and I love to watch them try to dive. Not to mention the fun of watching them going nuts in fresh cold well water once or twice a day.
I have inherited ducks from people who hated the mess they made on the farm pond. I would not want them on a pond but sure enjoy the kiddie pool antics!

Good luck finding the right set up for your duckies!

At the moment I have a four-foot wide kiddie pool that I dump once a day. I already have a tiny little ditch cut for the water to drain away from the pen. I'm thinking of fencing the area off, digging some more channels and turning it into a garden so all that pre-fertilized water won't just go into making my yard weeds greener.

I also have a pond, but its ecology and natural filtration isn't going to be up to handling all that duck poo for at least a couple more months. That, and I need to fence off the pond so the ducks won't go where they'd get carried off by hawks.

Back
Top Bottom