stolen picture on ebay...UPDATE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Katy, so sorry, very frustrating experience!

equine chick, on ebay it is the seller's choice about whether or not to post questions and answers on the sale page. It is a pretty sure bet that this seller will choose not to display any questions.
wink.png

It happens on craigslist too. I emailed a seller asking for photos of the chickens for sale and immediately recognized the photo from BYC.

Sounds very familiar. Too bad people can not just deal with what they got and either sell it as the truth or just give it up!

Quote:
I can't wait to hear how that turns out! Probrably just won't answer your email. Bet?

I'm going to go mark my photos now. Especially my ebay listings. Don't want people thinking I stole them... my ebay name isn't anything like my BYC name.

Katy- I'm sorry this has happened to you. Unfortunately, this sort of thing seems to be rather common. I have learned some serious life lessons in the last few months about NEVER posting anything here (or anywhere online really) that you don't mind having someone steal and claim as their own. I don't think it has anything to do with any particular site really. There are thieves and unscrupulous people everywhere. Also, BYC frequently comes up in Google searches. It is very possible that whoever stole your picture is *not* a member of this site and just found your picture via a search engine. Anyway, I hope you can get them to remove it.

Quote:
I 110% agree with you! If you were selling your eggs on Ebay, why wouldn't you want your birds pictures on the listing? OK, I know the answer to that, especially if their eggs were lower quality. And who's to say they aren't just going to the store and buying eggs out of the dairy case to sell on ebay. What a jerk.

I just got home from the poultry auction. No reply from the ebay seller nutty_sewer.......not holding my breath on that happening. I did hear from a couple of the people who have bought the eggs....one was very upset and the other didn't seem to care much. I'm going to contact the other people who have bought the eggs too.....just didn't have time to today.

Surprise, surprise....I actually got a response from nutty_sewer. Here is what he/she had to say.

It was not my intent to use your photo. I was simply giving my customers an idea of how their hatched chickens would look. Your photos are not copyrighted, and therefore not protected from use. I found the picture using a Google search, and did not realize anyone else was using it to sell eggs. I have removed your pictures and put my own up, so as not to confuse my customers.

- nutty_sewer

How was it not his intent to use my picture? He searched, found and posted a photo that was not of their birds to sell eggs from totally different birds. He has 100% positive feedback....what a bunch of baloney.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom