Stop crowing

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Ole rooster, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Ole rooster

Ole rooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2011
    Milner, Georgia
    Bob, my rooster has completly stopped crowing. Does anybody have and idea as to what causes this. I was thinking the layer feed is making his go sissy. The only sound he makes now is the clucking noise to let the girls know where food is and a little screach call warning of danger. I enjoyed it while it lasted.

2. pgpoultry

pgpoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2009
    Wales
    Is he treading the girls or has he gone into winter shut down?

My boys are still crowing loud and clear right now.

3. Ole rooster

Jun 25, 2011
    Milner, Georgia
    Naw, he's still doing his thing in that way. Just keeping his mouth shut.[​IMG]

4. macdoogle2

macdoogle2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2011
    San Diego
    If you could package and sell that you could make a furtune. I would buy anyway as I'm not realy allowed a rooster. I have noticed my boy is quieter when it's cloudy or rainy. When the sun came out he made up for lost time and crowed all day. Today was cloudy and he didn't make a pip.

5. Mei&Popcorn

Mei&Popcorn Chillin' With My Peeps

I would love to know how he stopped crowing! Then I could have roosters and not worry about anything at all!

6. Ole rooster

Jun 25, 2011
    Milner, Georgia
    The loudest thing from the chickens around here is the chickens after they lay an egg. These are women with loud mouths. Something really different.[​IMG]

7. hurricanerb

hurricanerb Out Of The Brooder

Jun 25, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by