Stop my roo from mating

Ok yeah I believe the egg was under the chicken for 10 minutes before I realized it had laid.
An egg will not start developing in just ten minutes. It is not the rooster's fault if there was a tiny spot of blood on the egg. If there were bloody veins, that would only happen if the egg had been kept warm under the hen for several days. Do you gather your eggs every day?

An egg will not start developing in just ten minutes. It is not the rooster's fault if there was a tiny spot of blood on the egg. If there were bloody veins, that would only happen if the egg had been kept warm under the hen for several days. Do you gather your eggs every day?
I know its not the roosters fault but i did see him mount on the chicken so i didnt know if bloody eggs since it was a fertile egg.

And yes, i do gather eggs every day

Blood spots happen in eggs even if you don't have a rooster. It's natural and while might be off putting to you the egg is 100% fine to eat once cooked. Before all the tech we have now days it wasn't totally uncommon to get an egg from the store that might have a blood spot. Modern computerized scanners and have cut that down.

Blood spots happen in eggs even if you don't have a rooster. It's natural and while might be off putting to you the egg is 100% fine to eat once cooked. Before all the tech we have now days it wasn't totally uncommon to get an egg from the store that might have a blood spot. Modern computerized scanners and have cut that down.
I had no idea you can eat bloody eggs, what about if it has meat spots?

Back
Top Bottom