stopped eating

kittykat

Hatching
12 Years
Jul 22, 2007
I have a three year old hen that has stopped eating aabout 5 days ago. The last few days she has been drinking lots of water and will only eat on some watermelon. Today, she refuses to drink any water at all. I have been putting some tetracycline in the water to see if it would help, but if she's not drinking what good is that going to do. I purred some cooked vegetables and wet cat food and through a syring feed her about 2 ounces, just enogh to keep her going. Am I doing what I should? Can anyone give me some help with Hazel ?!

Thank You

I cant even guess with so little to go on...were there no other symptoms before she stopped eating? Could she be broody?

no she's not brooding. Her poop at this point is clear and watery and sometimes bubbly. I have been syring feeding her, but it almost feels as if she is not getting " rid" of the food. Last nights meal is still there. Am I doing her more harm than good by feeding her....She will eat on watermelon, but that is it. No bugs or mites. Can't figure it out.... Do chickens get cancer and other deseases like that? Should I continue the tetracycline in the water?

Back
Top Bottom